On Tue, May 30, 2023 at 9:14 AM Jean Abou Samra <j...@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> (Adding back the list)
>
> Le mardi 30 mai 2023 à 09:09 -0700, Ralph Palmer a écrit :
>
> Jean -
>
> I did get your messages. I took a quick look and felt confused and
> slightly overwhelmed. I'm going to try again. I appreciate your follow-up
> messages.
>
> All the best,
>
> Ralph
>
> To make it short and hopefully not overwhelming:
>
>    1.
>
>    Delete your existing version of Frescobaldi. Unfortunately this is a
>    bit fraught because of the currently outdated packaging tooling that
>    Frescobaldi currently uses (it's being changed at the moment). But if you
>    look into your ~/frescobaldi-3.2 folder, you might find a file called
>    installed.txt. If it's there, use cat installed.txt | xargs rm.
>    2.
>
>    flatpak install frescobaldi
>    3.
>
>    cp ~/.config/frescobaldi/frescobaldi.conf
>    ~/.var/app/org.frescobaldi.Frescobaldi/config/frescobaldi/frescobaldi.conf
>
> Thanks, Jean. I followed the long version as best I could. I'm not skilled
or super familiar with working from the terminal, so I'm not sure I did
everything exactly as I was supposed to. My main question would be whether
I was supposed to remain in frescobaldi-repositories after Step 2. I did,
and I got a few errors in the later steps, but nothing that seemed
disastrous or halted the operation, and when I closed the terminal and
checked my Frescobaldi, I found I do, in fact, have 3.3.

All the best,

Ralph

______
Ralph Palmer