On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 at 22:08, Jean Abou Samra <j...@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> Is there a way to quickly see at a glance the changes in a new version? I
> know there is https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.25/Documentation/changes/index and
> although the listing in categories surely has its upsides, I preferred the
> old method of just listing it all in reverse chronological order, which
> made it very easy to just see what changed compared to the prior version
> (if you took a look at it with every release).
>

> If you're not afraid of the ugly guts of how software is made, you can
> look at
>

> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/commits/master/Documentation/en/changes.tely?ref_type=heads
>
> which is the chronological list of changes affecting the source code of
> the Changes document.

Thanks for the link, that suits me quite well! I didn’t know that there was
a repository on GitLab. https://lilypond.org/development.html links to
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git … which is neither
really nice to look at nor easy to use (at least for me), but I’m familiar
with GitLab.

Thanks,
Peter

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
https://www.petercrighton.de