On Mon, Jan 8, 2024 at 3:29 PM John Helly <hel...@ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Aloha K.
>
> I go to the LP home page, using that search box (upper right), type #f and
> this is what is returned.  I can send a video if you'd find it helpful.:
>
> <snip>

John,

It looks like the reference Kieren found is the next one down on your list
in the enclosed image (just off the page).

Have you read the Learning Manual?  The recommended way to get up to speed
with lilypond is not to try to set some piece of music yourself, but to
first read through the learning manual.  Try out the examples in the LM.
Then, after you have the LM in your working memory, you can move onto using
the Notation Reference and the Internals Reference to help you set that
challenging score.

If you are trying to understand generalities, rather than specifics, it's
almost always best to look first in the Learning Manual.

If you don't have the Learning Manual in mind, it's really hard to get up
to speed on LilyPond.

HTH,

Carl