Hi Timothy,

> If I have understood Kieren correctly, he wants the option to configure his
> score with a part either sung by a tenor voice at written pitch, or a treble
> voice one octave higher.

Correct.

> The attached files illustrate a couple of suggestions that might help.
>       • Set up new contexts (TrebleStaff, TenorStaff) that automatically
> insert the right clef, and transpose the notes up an octave in the
> TrebleStaff.
>       • Use a tag group that is adjusted to build the various styles of
> score, while keeping the definition of the scores fixed.

This is a very interesting approach, which I will consider seriously for many
of the applications I have. In particular, it is superior to my current
“manually insert \transpose commands all over the place“ method. (And, p.s., I
love the small but important abstractions you also implemented, like \KMTags —
every reduction in duplication helps in such a complex/complicated structure!)

The one constraint/situation this might not handle is when the
transposition/octavation happens *mid-system*. I could, of course, just accept
that I always have to end a system and French the staves appropriately… but at
this stage of investigation, I want to know all of my options, and the
pros/cons of each approach.

Many thanks for this solution!
Kieren.

My work day may look different than your work day. Please do not feel obligated
to read or respond to this email outside of your normal working hours.