Well I fixed having multiple lilyponds installed, and at first I thought it
worked. Zathura and xpdf at least work when I open them separately. I guess
it's a minor annoyance, but if I open zathura from the C-c C-c part of
emacs, then it doesn't work and I get those errors. I have no clue why that
would make a difference, but it seems to be the case. Open the file in a
viewer separately and point and click works just fine. Use the lilypond
command view and it doesn't. I guess I haven't tried to see if other pdf
viewers work from the command menu, but it seems like it wouldn't be a
zathura problem.