Hi Federico,

> I'm typesetting a work and really want to preserve its notational
> idiosyncrasies. One of them is an alternating way of using time signatures.
> The attached MWEish does exactly what I want. The question, for me, is if
> this could be done in a simpler way (just for learning!).

Not sure how much simpler it would be — it’s just a thought-experiment at this
point! — but maybe you could define a context for displaying the TimeSignature
below the bottom staff, and then have simple[r] music functions that toggle the
TSs between (a) all Staff contexts and (b) the contexts above and below the
staff group.

Hope that points you in the right direction!
(If I get a moment, I’ll see if I can put together an MWE based on my
brainstorm…)

Best,
Kieren.

My work day may look different than your work day. Please do not feel obligated
to read or respond to this email outside of your normal working hours.