On Mon 03 Jun 2024 at 07:24:41 (+0200), Stefan Thomas wrote:
> Am Mo., 3. Juni 2024 um 03:19 Uhr schrieb David Wright:
> > On Sun 02 Jun 2024 at 16:10:56 (+0200), Stefan Thomas wrote:
> > > again, I'm trying to activate point and click in gvim. I made a little
> > > success:
> > > I wrote in the editor options of okular:
> > > gvim --remote-silent +%l %f +normal! %c
> > > When I click on a note, the right document is opened and the cursor is
> > > placed at the correct line, but not at the correct note in the lilypond
> > > file.
> > > What can I do?
> >
> > Perhaps the command you're trying to invoke is, for example:
> >
> >   gvim --remote-silent +:123:norm45l path-to-file
> >
> > using literal constants for line number 123 and column 45.
> >
> > Naively, that would mean okular would have something like:
> >
> >   gvim --remote-silent +:%l:norm%cl %f
> >
> > but, not being familiar with okular, I can't tell how it would
> > handle %cl (where l means move to the right by %c columns) and
> > whether it would need any quoting. For example,
> >
> >   gvim --remote-silent '+:%l:norm%c l' %f
> >
> > might work better.
> >
> Unfortunately, none of your suggestions have brought the desired result!

It always helps to post exactly what your new options were, and the
result they produced. Does gvim complain about the invocating command,
for example, or just ignore part of it? If there's a controlling
terminal, you could try replacing   gvim --remote-silent   by echo,
to see whether the command option is well-formed.

BTW, in your OP, does "not at the correct note" mean the cursor is
at the start of the line, or pointing at an incorrect note? (I'm
assuming column one would never have a note in it).

As I don't run okular (installing it would require 195 other
packages), I would suggest you add the word okular into the
Subject line, as I know two or three users here use it, though
perhaps not exclusively.

Cheers,
David.