>>> 1. Embed the Lilypond version that you want as default (just mark with [D]
>>> the
>>> version you prefer inside `lib/supported_lilyponds.txt`). Spontini will
>>> embed
>>> it if you reset the server to the default LilyPond version (see the menu of
>>> the
>>> server GUI). Alternatively, you can also use the automatic installation
>>> tool in
>>> the server GUI.
>>> 2. Create a work directory inside the Spontini root directory (at the same
>>> level
>>> as the “examples” directory) and place your scores there.
>>> 3. Link Frescobaldi to that directory (instead of linking the include paths
>>> of
>>> the `jssvg` library from a directory of scores outside Spontini). So, use
>>> relative paths, exactly as shown in the examples.

>>> I understand that this approach totally changes your old procedures, but in
>>> this
>>> way you will have a self-consistent system with ALL the stuff you need, and
>>> super-easy to backup and to port on other systems. Note too that the
>>> portable
>>> server allows you to share and edit your scores remotely without needing a
>>> dedicated PC. You can even use your tablet/smartphone.

>>> Spontini already has the autocompletion feature, and It also adds advanced
>>> autocomplete tools (templates and and editable set of autocomplete tokens).
>>> About the auto-formatting: TBH I don’t remember if it’s already enabled on
>>> the
>>> editor. If not, It should be trivial tò add It. I'll check that in the next
>>> days and I'll prepare a new release, if needed.

>>> HTH

>> Thanks for the tips. I'll look into reorganizing my set-up per your
>> instructions. I have not seen auto-complete working. Automatic formatting --
>> indents, etc. -- does not appear to be implemented.

> The autocomplete feature indeed works, just trigger it by pressing Ctrl+Space.

> About the automatic formatting, prior to adding it, I need advice from you and
> other people from this ML as well.
> From what I see, Frescobaldi has some options: like "re-indent" and "format".
> What is the use of "re-indent" if "format" already indents the code?
> For example, in the IDE I use for my code (QTCreator) there is no option for
> automatic indentation. There is only one option for automatic formatting.
> In addition, I'm not sure whether to use Frescobaldi's lib (python-ly) for
> formatting or another parser.
> Do any of you know if there are issues with Frescobaldi's formatting? From
> what
> I see, for example, it does not rearrange very long lines. Do any of you know
> if it's a bug or a feature not yet implemented in python-ly?
> Also, if you know of any other parsers (in JavaScript or Python) let me know.

> Anyway, I think I'll add the python-ly formatting for now

> Give me feedback, thanks!

Ah, the autocomplete does work, as you say. Is the Ctrl+Space thing documented?
I had been looking around trying to find such information.

Regarding the indent/format thing; I've never noticed a difference between the
two in Frescobaldi.

I've kind of been just playing around with Spontini to get a feel for how it
works. I recently tried opening a project of mine to experiment a bit more in
depth. I opened a score and then tried to alter a slur. It didn't work as
expected in the following manner; I selected the slur, right-clicked for the
drop-down menu, selected Shape-->cpts and the code appeared in the score file.
I keep my definitions in another file which is called by the score file with
'\include'. In Frescobaldi, when I click on an element, the definitions file
opens in a new tab with the cursor at the proper position. It appears that
Spontini doesn't do this. Or, does it? Or, is it something you would want to
make work in a future release?

-David