On Sat, Jun 15, 2024 at 2:47 PM bobr...@centrum.is <bobr...@centrum.is>
wrote:

> Ah, the autocomplete does work, as you say.  Is the Ctrl+Space thing
> documented?  I had been looking around trying to find such information.

See here:
https://github.com/paopre/Spontini/blob/master/documentation/miscellaneous.md#templates

(I agree It is mentioned in a not too obvious way, though)

> Regarding the indent/format thing; I've never noticed a difference between
> the two in Frescobaldi.

I just made a release with this feature added (I used Frescobaldi's
python-ly excellent parser).

https://github.com/paopre/Spontini/releases/tag/1.30_pre_alfa

It's a pre-alpha version, given that I did not have much time to test it.
I'll do more tests in the next few days, but you can already play with it.
See the doc here:
https://github.com/paopre/Spontini/blob/master/documentation/miscellaneous.md#autoformatindent

> I've kind of been just playing around with Spontini to get a feel for how
> it works.  I recently tried opening a project of mine to experiment a bit
> more in depth.  I opened a score and then tried to alter a slur.  It didn't
> work as expected in the following manner; I selected the slur,
> right-clicked for the drop-down menu, selected Shape-->cpts and the code
> appeared in the score file.  I keep my definitions in another file which is
> called by the score file with '\include'.  In Frescobaldi, when I click on
> an element, the definitions file opens in a new tab with the cursor at the
> proper position.  It appears that Spontini doesn't do this.  Or, does it?
> Or, is it something you would want to make work in a future release?

No, Spontini doesn't do this: all the tweaks with the mouse must be in the
score file. I'm not making this feature in a future release, sorry, the
corresponding code changes would be time-consuming and there are other
things with higher priority to do, for now.
That said, the editor offers and relies on different _automatic_ tools to
keep the score minimal and compact.
Have a look at this, which is _strongly_ suggested while editing your
music  (it automatically shortcuts all your definitions):

https://github.com/paopre/Spontini/blob/master/documentation/tabular.md#3-coding-rules-and-jssvgvars-blocks

I managed to write very, very complex scores with this feature and If you
post a minimal example of something you need to manage, I can suggest you
hints to do it properly on Spontini-Editor.

HTH