Kieren MacMillan <kie...@kierenmacmillan.info> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Thank you for the rapid-iteration non-isochronous Scheme class!  :)
>
> Before I do the next step, is this optimal at this point?
>
> %%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
> \version "2.25.11"
>
> adjustPitch =
> #(define-music-function (pitchIn pitchOut music) (ly:pitch? ly:pitch?
> ly:music?)
>    (music-map
>     (lambda (m)
>         (if (music-is-of-type? m 'note-event)
>             (ly:message "Pitch is: ~a" (ly:music-property m 'pitch))
>             #f)
>         m)
>     music))
>
> \adjustPitch es es \fixed c' { c4 d e f g a b c' }
> %%%  SNIPPET ENDS

To say something is "optimal", you have to state your objective.
music-map is used for changing music, and you don't appear to do any
useful changes to the music.  In fact, you replace note events with
*undefined* which appears comparatively useless.

So what are you trying to achieve here?

--
David Kastrup