Hi David,

> To say something is "optimal", you have to state your objective.

I guess the immediate objective was to output [in the log] a list of pitches
given the 'music' input.

> music-map is used for changing music, and you don't appear to do any
> useful changes to the music.  In fact, you replace note events with
> *undefined* which appears comparatively useless.
>
> So what are you trying to achieve here?

The longer-term objective is to write

  \adjustMusic es e { c d es f g c' es' }

and get

  { c d e f g c' e' }

i.e., turn all E flats [at any octave] into E naturals.

Thanks,
Kieren.

My work day may look different than your work day. Please do not feel obligated
to read or respond to this email outside of your normal working hours.