Hello,

This is a wonderful guitar piece, I was just practising this piece from
F.Tarrega before I switched on the computer and detected your mail!

The reason, why your noteheads didn't merge is, that they are not only
differntly-headed, but also differently dotted!

Adding the following line fixes the problem:

\override Staff.NoteCollision  #'merge-differently-dotted = ##t

Greetings

Stefan Hackl