Frédéric Chiasson wrote:

Might it be possible to use

\tuplet 3:2 {x x x}

for the usual operation, and if we want to have many tuplets of the same kind, to use

\tuplet 3:2 { {x x x} {y y y} {z z z} }

Might resolve the clarity problems.

Since it's easy to define your own function \triplet which
does the equivalent of \tuplet 3:2 ..., and since you could
give it a short name like \t, your proposal wouldn't save
much typing or increase the clarity compared to
\t {x x x} \t {y y y} \t {z z z}

In these situations with repetitive triplet patterns, I definitely
prefer the current kind of solution with
\set tupletSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)

I could even think of using a mechanism similar to the
current automatic beam handling, which automatically
splits the input into tuplets of appropriate duration for
most common situations.

   /Mats