see it.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: RE: hang --"going backwards in
time;" "insane spring distance requested"Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 23:09:12 +0000

Is 11748 a legit denominator for a time signature? 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128,
256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 16384...I am a pretty basic writer, so I've
never gone beyond time sigs like 13/16.Have to admit the error message text is
cute.

> Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:46:00 -0800> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
> lilypond-user@gnu.org> Subject: hang --"going backwards in time;" "insane
> spring distance requested"> > Hi all,> > I'm using some complicated time
> signatures, like 3599/11748 followed> by 2667/25276 followed by 177/568, etc.
> (I have a good reason for this).> > They render nicely for nearly ten pages
> or so of music, and then> suddenly adding an additional "strange" time
> signature causes two> programming errors:> > The first comes before drawing
> begins.> "going backwards in time, trying to freeze in time . . ."> > The
> second comes during drawing.> "insane spring distance requested, ignoring . .
> .cross fingers"> > Then lily hangs -- it keeps spinning forever.> > I'm using
> Lilypond 2.11.34 on a Mac PPC (it also breaks the same> way in 2.11.35).> > I
> checked my arithmetic many times -- the strange time signtaures> eventially
> lead to a sync-up with aother part in 3/8 meter -- and the> math is correct.
> It seems to be a problem that happens when actually> drawing the page.> > Any
> clues or similar experiences?> > Best,> Adam> > >

Get the power of Windows + Web with the new Windows Live. Power up!