2008/2/29, Graham Percival <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I wish we'd finished NR 1 ages ago, so that the AU would be in
> better shape... oh well.
>
> Has anybody used lilypond-book for large (100+ pages) documents?
> In particular, I'm having trouble with .lytex files in
> subdirectories.
>
> thesis.tex
> exercises/exercises.lytex
> => exercises/exercises.tex

All the time...
What may be useful is the -O option for lilypond-book. eg:

lilypond-book --pdf -o OUT Master.tex
will leave all the lily*.pdf and semi-compiled output in the OUT directory,
then you can cd to the OUT directory and do:

pdflatex Master.tex

You can also use a makefile and put all the ly and tex/latex files in a
directory like src, and using a Makefile like thus:

NAME=latexfile
LTX=$(NAME).latex
TEX=$(NAME).tex

default:
    cd src && lilypond-book --pdf -O ../OUT $(LTX) && cd ../OUT && pdflatex
$(TEX)

clean:

The created exercises.tex contains filenames like
>   \input lily-2df7c51698-systems.tex
> which contain lines like
>   \includegraphics{lily-2df7c51698-1}
>
> These commands naturally fail when I try to use pdflatex on the
> main thesis.tex, since those files aren't in the same directory.
> Is there any way to get lilypond-book to automatically add
>   mydir/
> to all filenames?  Or does anybody have any better solutions?
>
> I could hack up a post-lilypond-book python script to do
> such things, but that feels like such a hack.  :(
> I could also abandon lilypond-book and create/insert .eps files
> directly, but that feels like even more of a hack.  :)
>
> Cheers,
> - Graham

Daniel Tonda C.