On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Aaron Dalton <aa...@daltons.ca> wrote:
> My master's thesis is a modern edition of a book of 16th-century madrigals.
>  It is comprised of two parts: the first is all the discursive stuff, and
> then the second is the text, scores, and apparatus.  I simply have a single
> .lytex file with entries like the following for each madrigal:
>
> \clearpage
> \addcontentsline{toc}{subsection}{1. Amor, che sol dei cor leggiadri ha
> cura}
> \label{madrigal01}
> \lilypondfile{/home/aaron/svn/scores/out/01-3-01.ly}
>
> In my case all the scores are in one place, so I simply \input this file
> wherever I wish it to appear in the larger document.  As you can see, you
> can quite simply put a few madrigals in, then add some text, then do some
> more scores, and back again.  This is producing excellent results for me.

Thanks to all for the tips. I did not think of using lilypond-book for
a complete score sice I used it only for snippets in the text. I will
try it right away!

Apart from layout and co. I am also curious if anyone has experience
in making printer proofs and printing lilypond output with high res
offset printers, ad this will likley be the publisher's output.

Cheers,
Rodolfo