On 11-06-14 06:56 AM, MING TSANG wrote:
Colin:

Thank you or the png. My Frescobaldi does show lilypond preference button (icon), So I conclude that your version is not the same as mime. my is v1.0.2. I used ubuntu software centre to install frescobaldi. I guess your is v1.2.0. So I download frescobaldi-v1.2.0.tar.gz; then I extract the file. At a terminal, I type cmake, I get*:
tsang@tsang-HP-Pavilion-dv2000-EZ723UA-ABL:~$ cmake
The program 'cmake' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install cmake
tsang@tsang-HP-Pavilion-dv2000-EZ723UA-ABL:~$ sudo apt-get install make
*

This is where your finger slipped, Ming: in the line above, you installed make instead of cmake.

*[sudo] password for tsang:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
make is already the newest version.
  qjackctl jackd2 jackd2-firewire libffado2 libxml++2.6-2
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 324 not upgraded.
tsang@tsang-HP-Pavilion-dv2000-EZ723UA-ABL:~$ ./run
bash: ./run: No such file or directory
tsang@tsang-HP-Pavilion-dv2000-EZ723UA-ABL:~$ cmake .
The program 'cmake' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install cmake
tsang@tsang-HP-Pavilion-dv2000-EZ723UA-ABL:~$

*According to install text file I type ./run and it says no such file. I did cmake . and it complain cmake is not installed. (please note the terminal disi say it was installed.) Now I am stuck. Don't know what to do.

Is there a simpler way to install frescobaldi (like ubuntu software centre)?*
*How can I get ubuntu upgrade to install the newest frescobaldi?*

*Thank you for your help.*
*

I've just checked: it looks as though the version in the Ubuntu repositories is now 1.2.0 so that would be your best way to go.

Colin

--
A chief event of life is the day in which we have encountered a mind
that startled us.