Am Montag, 26. September 2011, 18:11:50 schrieb Alberto Simões:
> Hello
>
> At [1] you can find the images of the engraving process of one
> transcription I did. The Lilypond source file is available at [2] and if
> you prefer the PDF version, it is available at [3].
>
> In this engraving I do not like the amount of space between the two
> systems. I understand that there is not much that Lilypond can do, but
> the overall aspect is kind of... strange.
>
> I am writing to ask for any suggestion to make this output better.

For my empty score sheet generator, I had to adjust the vertical spacing quite
a bit, too. The default settings of lilypond simply look ugly.

To see my values, go to
   http://www.edition-kainhofer.com/de/empty-scoresheets.html
and choose e.g. "Choir, 4 staves (SATB)", with 2 systems/page and no space for
the header reserved.

You can then download the lilypond file, which contains the vertical spacing
variables that I'm using with lilypond 2.14.

Cheers,
Reinhold

Reinhold Kainhofer, reinh...@kainhofer.com, http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886

<<Spacing_stretch_2choirstaves.png>>

\version "2.14.2"

#(set-global-staff-size 20)
#(set-default-paper-size "a4")
#(ly:set-option 'point-and-click #f)

\header {
  title=""
  subtitle=""
  composer=""
  instrument=""
  arranger=""
  tagline = ##f
}
\paper {
  oddHeaderMarkup = ##f
  evenHeaderMarkup = ##f
  oddFooterMarkup = \markup \abs-fontsize #8 \with-color #(x11-color 'gray65) \fill-line {
    \with-url #"http://www.edition-kainhofer.com/"; {"Edition Kainhofer"}
    \with-url #"http://www.lilypond.org/"; {"LilyPond - Music notation for everyone"}
  }
  pages=3
  systems-per-page=2
  ragged-bottom=##f
  ragged-last-bottom=##f
  ragged-last=##f
  ragged-right=##f
  #(set-paper-size "a4")
  top-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #7
  top-markup-spacing #'basic-distance = #5
  last-bottom-spacing #'basic-distance = #10
  markup-system-spacing #'basic-distance = #15

  top-system-spacing #'stretchability = #60
  top-markup-spacing #'stretchability = #40
  last-bottom-spacing #'stretchability = #60

  markup-system-spacing #'stretchability = #60
  system-system-spacing #'stretchability = #40
}

\layout {
  \context { \StaffGroup
    \override SystemStartBracket #'collapse-height = #1
  }
  \context { \PianoStaff
    \override SystemStartBrace #'collapse-height = #1

emptymusic = {
  \repeat unfold 6 { s1\break }
}

\new Score \with {
  \override TimeSignature #'transparent = ##t
  defaultBarType = #""
  \remove Bar_number_engraver
}
<<
  \new ChoirStaff <<
    \new Staff \new Voice { \clef "treble" \emptymusic }
    \new Staff \new Voice { \clef "treble" \emptymusic }
    \new Staff \new Voice { \clef "treble_8" \emptymusic }
    \new Staff \new Voice { \clef "bass" \emptymusic }