hi

Marc Hohl wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I have some files with songs where I want to switch the slurs on
> and off.
>
> After searching the docs, I came up with this:
>
> optional-slurs.ly
> ==================
>
> \version "2.15.23"
>
> #(ly:add-option 'no-slurs #f
>        "Whether to print a slur or not.")
>
> slurSwitch = #(define-music-function (parser location) ()
>     (if (eq? #t (ly:get-option 'no-slurs))
>         #{ \override Slur #'transparent = ##t #}
>         #{#}))
>
> test = {
>    \slurSwitch
>    c2 ( d )
> }
>
> \score { \test }
>
> ==================
>
> If I call it with
>
>  > lilypond optional-slurs.ly
>
> everything is fine; when I use
>
>  > lilypind -d no-slurs optional-slurs.ly
>
> I get a warning that option 'no-slurs is
> undefined, and the slurs are still visible.
>
> Searching in the archives showed
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-11/msg00135.html
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2008-02/msg00080.html
>
> with no apparent solution.

i am certainly not a scheme expert but from the Application Usage i can see
the option -d expects a variable name and a value:
-dvar=val
if you invoke lilypond with -dvar=#t yourFile.ly you can take over this
value e.g. as

slurSwitch = #(define-music-function (parser location) ()
    (if (eqv? #t (ly:get-option 'var))
        #{ \override Slur #'transparent = ##t #}
        #{ #})
        )
test = {
   \slurSwitch
   c2 ( d )
}
\score { \test }

i'd appreciate scheme experts to confirm this is how to use this option or
to provide better examples!

thanks!

Eluze