Seasonal greetings.

I have been using Lilypond for about 4 weeks and am getting to enjoy it - as a
beginner I find the various help files rather
confusing and I still do not have a good grasp of the overall structure and
syntax.

The descriptions (seem to) vary somewhat through the various citations in the
impressive help files.

One problem for me is the lack to much help for Midi output in particular for
various repeats. I find that some of the structures
that work for printed output do not work for Midi output. I have settled into
using the basic repeat volta 2 {

                  }

                  \alternative {

                      {..}

                      {..}

                   }

Which with unfolding works well for both midi and print.

However when it comes to the classical Minuet and Trio form I am stumped. Is it
possible to produce all the various repeats in a
Midi file with the final minuet played without repeats to "fine".

So far I am stumped - my fault I am sure. I would dearly like to know if I
should pursue this goal or abandon the quest at the
outset.

Hints would be gratefully received.

regards
Peter Gentry (Tyro)