Hi Arle,

2012/12/12 Arle Lommel <fene...@gmail.com>

> Thanks to everyone for recent help. I've been truly impressed by how
> helpful people have been for my requests.
>
> Now I have one more problem with the piano piece I am working on. I am
> using a pianoStaff, which works fine, except that I now have a portion with
> a bunch of ossia parts (almost one a measure) that occupy only about the
> span of an eighth note each. I have run into two issues that I cannot find
> addressed online anywhere, and I am hoping someone can help:
>
> 1. When adding an ossia to a piano staff the bar lines are automatically
> connected down from the ossia to the main piano staff. Normally not a
> problem, but for the piece I am working on I don't want them connecting. I
> find plenty of snippets about how to remove bar lines in the staff while
> leaving them on between staves, but nothing about the reverse. It isn't for
> lack of searching for a solution and trying out various things. So can
> anyone make a suggestion on how to achieve this?

Try
\once \override Staff.BarLine #'allow-span-bar = ##f
as shown below.

> 2. In the first two instances where I call the ossia parts, there is one
> on the last half beat of a measure and a *separate* one on the first half
> beat of the next measure. Lilypond, quite logically, assumes that these
> should be stuck together (since there is no time between them) and under
> any other circumstance I would be happy for it to do so. But here it would
> be ideal if I could somehow put a little white space between them because I
> need to show that they are not a single continuous ossia but rather two
> separate optional performance variants.

One way would be to scale the last note of the first ossia add \stopStaff
ans the remaining note-value as a spacer-rest.

\version "2.16.1"

staffPiano =
\new PianoStaff {
        \set PianoStaff.midiInstrument = #"acoustic grand"
        \set PianoStaff.instrumentName = #"Piano"
        \time 3/4

        <<
        \context Staff = "top" {
            \clef treble
            \key b \major
            \relative c' {
                    <<
                      {
                            \once \stemDown
                            <e ais cis \tweak #'duration-log #1 fis>
\arpeggio
                      }
                      \\
                      {