Mario Lang <ml...@delysid.org> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I recently noticed that LilyPond apparently can not deal with situations
> like this:
>
>   <<{c1}\\{c'1~}>> | <<{c}\\{c'}>>

Where is the problem supposed to be?  Wrapping this in { ... } looks
just as expected to me.  There are two problems: the tie is flipped
different from what would look nice, and the whole notes don't form a
column.

However, this is expected as the voices are _inverted_: the implicit
\voiceOne is in a pitch _below_ the implicit \voiceTwo.

The inversion can only be properly suggested by staggering the
notecolumn since there are no stems.  The tie direction also is due to
the notecolumn.

--
David Kastrup