On Mar 9, 2013, at 5:16 PM, Francisco Vila wrote:

> El 04/03/2013 13:18, "Francisco Vila" <paconet....@gmail.com> escribió:
>
> > In GNU/Linux it is a small nightmare to install. In Windows it is a
> > matter of next-next-next-done.
>
> I must say it's not so hard in Ubuntu 12.10, all needed libraries (esp.
> Python poppler qt4) are now in packages available in standard repositories.
> After installing those, two Python commands in console are enough to have it
> installed.

My last attempt to install it on my Mac to run in an X11 window resulted in
literally hundreds of things being downloaded by MacPorts- dependencies for the
dependencies for the dependencies in what seemed to be nearly infinite
recursion- before it could be installed.  I gave up as it became just
ridiculous.  Another list member pointed me to a Mac .app version but that was
broken and unusable.  Oh well... I'll keep using TextWrangler as my text editor
and Preview as my PDF reader, which works fine.