Wim van Dommelen <m...@wimvd.nl> writes:

> I'm trying to engrave a simple volta repeat with specific text on the
> alternatives. In itself this works fine, I just copied the commands
> from the notation manual. But in doing so I see strange font-change
> for some (but not all !) of the characters in the text.

There is no font change, I think: rather the text seems to use the
dynamics font for some reason, and that font has a limited subset of
letters just sufficient to typeset rsfz, mp and a few others.  So you
get to see those letters in your texts, and the rest is take from some
fallback generic font.

As a workaround, you can try replacing your strings with markups that
also select a suitable font.

Of course that is not meant to imply that this behavior is in any way
desirable.

--
David Kastrup