Hello everyone,

I've asked a question on StackOverflow about Lilypond files and Python, and someone suggested that I ask the lilypond community directly.

For the long version, you can see the question here :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22883594/generating-pdf-midi-from-musicxml-using-python

For the short version :
I would like to import an existing Lilypond .ly file, remove some parts and export the resulting file as .ly/pdf/midi/mp3, using Python. (in fact my input is a musicxml file but now I've discovered the musicxml2ly script so that's not a problem) What would you suggest as the most appropriate tools (probably python libs) to do so ?

Thanks a lot,
--
Joachim jablon