On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 07:47:17PM +0000, Marten wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Trying to typeset a song I am faced with the following problem for which I
> can;t find a solution in the manual or snippet repository. I kindly request
> your help.
>
> I'm typesetting a song with one staff, where the refrain comes first and
> spans multiple lines of notes; after that come 3 stanzas. I'd like the song
> text to be placed under the stanza melody, but I don't want to add empty
> lines to the refrain. I'm looking for a solution with one \score block. Can
> this be done?

Marten:

Is the attached exaple germane to what you are trying to do?

regards,

Jim

\version "2.19.0"

refrain = \lyricmode {
  Here's the re -- frain.
  Here's the re -- frain.
}

verseOne = \lyricmode {
  This is verse one.
  This is verse one.
}

verseTwo = \lyricmode {
  This is verse two.
  This is verse two.
}

verseThree = \lyricmode {
  This is verse three.
  This is verse three.
}

verseFour = \lyricmode {
  This is verse four.
  This is verse four.
}

\score {
  <<
    {
      \new Voice = "refrain" {
        c'4 c'4 c'4 c'4 \break
        c'4 c'4 c'4 c'4 \break
      }
      \new Voice = "verse" {
        c'4 c'4 c'4 c'4 \break
        c'4 c'4 c'4 c'4 \break
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "refrain" \refrain
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "verse" \verseOne
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "verse" \verseTwo
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "verse" \verseThree
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "verse" \verseFour