Am 08.09.2014 um 18:10 schrieb Colin Campbell:
On 14-09-08 01:36 AM, Phil Holmes wrote:

(in reference to lyric \skips not terminating an extender)

Try a single space in quotes: " "

--
Phil Holmes

Thanks, Phil. I found that in my testing later yesterday. It will at least get the project done, although in a way which feels a bit kludgy. I'll try to work out how to do arithmetic inside a scheme function
which is rather simple: You use the scheme prefix syntax, - as a function and thus obtain #(- n 1).
(pass in a number of notes to skip, decrement by one and insert the quoted space), or I suppose I can do the work in my head.
The full function would then be:
%<-------------------------------------

lSkip =

#(define-music-function

(parser location skips)

(number?)

#{

\lyricmode {

" "

\repeat unfold $(- skips 1) { \skip 1 }

}

#})

%<-------------------------

For me, this doesn’t work though: the extender line is not finished by " " – no idea, why. For you it worked?
I attach my test file for checking.

HTH, Simon
\version "2.19.12"

lSkip =
#(define-music-function
  (parser location skips)
  (number?)
  #{
    \lyricmode {
      " "
      \repeat unfold $(- skips 1) { \skip 1 }
    }
  #})

<<
\new Voice = test \relative { c' c~ c c c c c c }
\new Lyrics \lyricsto test { oh ah __ " " \lSkip 3 eh }