Il 16/set/2014 23:10 "Jay Vara" <j...@diljun.com> ha scritto:
> I was hoping that there was a way to tell lilypond not to jump between
> strings when sliding - that is logical and makes sense. You are saying
> that I have to specify the StringNumber, which is what I wanted to avoid.
> I think this situation does not make sense for such an advanced software
> as lilypond.

Yes, you have to specify the string number.

Lilypond tablature is not smart as you'd like to, it's basically a staff
adapted to look like a tablature, I think.
IIRC few years ago there was a discussion about introducing some more
guitar-friendly input syntax (through fret/string numbers): such a system,
if implemented, could handle the situation you are describing.