>The attached function will work with more complex music expressions.

Nicely done! I really like the greater flexibility achieved based on using
ledger lines. Fortunately in this project I don't use chords so that's not
a problem, less fortunately is that I need it for the bassa as well. But I
will look over the code and see if I can't figure it out for myself.

Thanks!