>  AFAIK, mice do not need special drivers. I have conencted
a M$ USB mouse,
>and many many types of PS/2 mice to my Linux box without
problems. The
>"drivers" most mice come with are simply extra utilities
that are not
>essential for usinig the mouse.

Thats what I thought, when I bought this very
cute little usb mouse(some dumb little company), spend
several hours trying to make it work, on a couple
of linux boxes, gave up and returned it the same day

(I wasn't likely to be near the store, on a different
day)

The next one I buy, I would like to know in advance
I will be able to make it work, with reasonable
effort.

Meir