Hi all,

Here is what is known so far.

The Linux installation party, will be held on March 12th and March 13th,
from 16:00 to 21:00, both days.

It will be held in Rifkin PC farm (Adut Center, in Rifkin/Tachton dorms,
near Neve Shaanan's gate, between House 8 and 7), where most of the stands
will be evacuated and only two will stay connected to the net, in case we
will need it.

The installation will be from Redhat 8.0 distribution only, and we will
install whatever is in there (about 4+ GB). No special configuration will
be done - unless necessary. For this special purpose (unique configurations
and problems), we will have several stands.

The party is there for everybody in general, but the first priority will
be given to OS course (234120), the 2nd to OS structures course (046209),
3rd for other students, and 4th for any other person, so please ask the
person's name - before you install. There will be a list with names for OS
course students, at least. Approximately, 200 people should arrive for
both days.

Installers - we still need more installers. If you plan to be one - please
email to me ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), Orr ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), or
Yuval ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), and let us know in which day you can
contribute, and in which hours. Yuval will be in charge of that list.

CDs - Yuval (and Orr) should talk with Actcom regarding this. We might get
CDs in advance, and we might not. Don't count on it too much. Whatsoever -
the students will get references so they will know where to download ISOs
from.

Food and drink - not known yet. If you can bring your own food and drink -
it will be nice. The CS faculty might bring as well - Erez and Yuval will
treat it.

That's all for now. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

Best regards.

Adir Abraham
Technion's Advisors Group and Public PC Farms Manager
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Haifa, Israel
ICQ# 1841481
Cel# +972-53-243438, +972-55-481245
KeyID: 0xD8DC85C7  Fingerprint: 138D 8F41 7A06 44A0  3DBB 9DC3 FE8B 2658