The Hebrew lecture should be written in a problem-driven approach,
explaining that ``Hebrew'' is actually quite a few problems, some related,
some not.

The following topics should/may be discussed:
 A. Viewing Hebrew
   1. Encodings and locale - viewing Hebrew and not '?'.
   2. Fonts - seeing Hebrew and not gibberish + installing windows fonts and
              Microsoft core fonts.
   3. BiDi -  reading right-to-left: built-in in new Qt and Gtk. Should we
              discuss bidiv, biditext, bidi-xterm, and similar hacks?
   4. Browser configuration (Mozilla and/or Konqueror) - Not quite a problem.
              Just need to select fonts.

 B. Typing Hebrew (select at least one)
   1. xkb configuration in XF86Config
   2. configuration via setxkbmap
   3. using the KDE keyboard helper

 C. Applications
   1. Word processing - LyX, AbiWord, more?
   2. others?

 D. Localization (Hebrew menus, etc.)
   1. General - LC_MESSAGES.
   2. KDE localization (just mention it).
   3. Mozilla languaage pack.

  Also, some theoretical background about unicode, encodings, and the
different aspects of i18n is recommended.

  Alon

--
This message was sent by Alon Altman ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) ICQ:1366540
The RIGHT way to contact me is by e-mail. I am otherwise nonexistent :)