> I happen to be very in favor of before/after. Allow me to remind you all, that

I think we should either have before/after, or make really sure things
work. not in theory. in practice, an hour before the real show. with the
very same things that are going to be up on stage.

> >   Oh, and I think a Pentium 75 will NOT be of use in this kind of demo.
>
> Depends on what you want to demonstrate. If you want to show the flashy things,
> you're right. But you can also show that the old piece of junk that you were
> just about to throw away, can be your firewall, web server, ftp server and many
> more things.
>
> In my opinion, old and powerless computers in one of the few fields where Linux
> wins with a knockout. Everywhere else, we have to either preach ideology (which
> I agree with at times) or fight a hard case of showing that we're better,
> sometimes even only the same.

I wholeheartedly agree. A demo with a pentium 75, making it a usable
machine, is a really good thing.

--
Orna.   |  http://tx.technion.ac.il/~agmon

The trouble with a kitten is that
Eventually, it becomes a cat.             --Ogden Nash