On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:50:29 +0200, Alexander Sack <a...@linaro.org> wrote:
> If the separate lexbuilder backend deployment causes any issues we can
> also just hook this up to live-helper so we produce the hwpacks in the
> headless run.

I've used hudson to build them for now, as it took just a few minutes as
I had admin access, and we can focus on a single change with OEM.

Hudson is definitely not a long term solution, at least in the current
form.

You can see the hwpacks at

  http://jameswestby.net:8080/view/Hardware%20Packs/

Unfortunately the names change, and I don't know how to set up a
"current" link. However, there are stable URLs that get you most of the
way there, e.g.

http://jameswestby.net:8080/view/Hardware%20Packs/job/linaro-omap3%20hwpack/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/

They are currently set up to build nightly, and on any change to the
config branch:

  lp:~linaro-maintainers/linaro-image-configs/hwpacks

I can give others access to trigger builds etc. on request, and can also
add people to the list of recipients of the build failure emails.

> OK, a first set of hwpack packages below. Supported/unsupported might
> need tweakage; and maybe we need an update too. If you create one
> branch with all hwpack configs we can later update them as we go:

Thanks.

Inclusion of dependencies isn't implemented yet, so these hwpacks aren't
going to be usable as snapshots we can come back to yet. If that's
really important then I can have that fixed today.

Also, the "Name" has the same restrictions as the package name, so I
just took the "linaro-omap3" style, rather than the "Linaro OMAP3" one.

> linaro-bsp-ux500:
>  + Name: Linaro BSP UX500
>  + Architectures: armel
>  + Origin: Linaro (BSP)
>  + Maintainer: Linaro BSP Team <linaro-dev@lists.linaro.org>
>  + Support: unsupported
>  + Archives: Ubuntu main/universe, linaro overlay, linaro kernel ppa
>  + with dep Packages: linux-image-ux500
>  + without dep: u-boot-linaro-ux500 xserver-xorg-video-fbdev

http://jameswestby.net:8080/view/Hardware%20Packs/job/linaro-bsp-ux500/lastBuild/console

"The cache has no package named 'linux-image-ux500'"

> > On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 22:36:51 -0400, James Westby
> > <james.wes...@canonical.com> wrote:
> >> As for the spec itself, it's rather light on the endgame right now. What
> >> does success look like for this project?
>
> Here a few:
>  1. if we manage to produce N rootfs with M hardware support in N+M
> rather than N*M tarballs/downloads/build-runs
>  2. if vendors can ship non-free, click-through hwpacks for highly
> proprietary graphics, codec and other support

What do you mean by "click-through"?

This wasn't highlighted in the spec, so if it is important there will be
a little more work to support this.

>  3. if we can track/bi-sect hwpack regressions against a stable rootfs
>  4. if community releases hwpacks for not-linaro supported boards at some
> point.
>  5. ...
>
> >> What further steps do we need
> >> to take once we have scripts to create and install hardware packs, and
> >> the ability to generate them in lexbuilder?
>
>  1. setup a config branch(es) for hwpacks that lexbuilder can work on;
> enable them
>  2. update linaro-image-tools package to contain your latest goodies

I'm awaiting some further reviews from my team in order to land all of
the branches that are being used to create them.

>  4. add support for installing hwpacks in linaro-media-create

Salgado was working on this, but has been out for a few days. It's
obviously important to be able to install.

Guilherme, are you happy to continue working on this, or would you like
me to carry on your work?

>  5. either add linaro-image-tools to headless and head images
>  5a. ... or install and remove it during linaro-media-creation
>  6. update plars "download image" script to get the appropriate hwpack
> together with the head the user wants.

How do we work hwpacks in to the ISO tracker?

Thanks,

James