On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:08:19 -0400, James Westby <james.wes...@canonical.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:03:16 +0200, Alexander Sack <a...@linaro.org> wrote:
> > Sure: with this change we can produce our images without any kernel
> > whatsoever (e.g. as those are coming from hwpacks).
>
> Ok, we're back to this again. I still haven't heard any convincing
> arguments for why that is a good idea. Could you please tell me why you
> think we should do that?

Talking to Alexander he gave some good reasons to do this eventually,
basically boiling down to it being a waste when we have hwpacks.

We agreed that we should have hwpacks that we know work ok before doing
this though.

Therefore the timeline is:

  * Make hwpacks available
  * Keep omap3, vexpress, etc. headless images
  * Drop linux flavours from all the other images
  * Make linaro-media-create etc. work well with hwpacks
  * If we are happy then drop the flavours from headless too

Thanks,

James