On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 3:02 AM, Loïc Minier <loic.min...@linaro.org> wrote:
>        Hey there
>
>  As a result of a series of bugs around linaro-image-tools and daily
>  images, it seemed a sensible approach to solve this class of issues
>  would be to move more data into hardware packs rather than hardcoding
>  stuff in linaro-image-tools.
>
>  Guilherme, Steve Langasek, and Michael Hudson were all interested in
>  the idea, so Michael convinced me to start a wiki page with some notes:
>  https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Specs/11.05/HardwarePacksV2
>
>  I'm sending this for others to get the chance to raise issues with
>  hwpacks since we don't want to change the format too frequently.

Am I correct in my understanding then, that this will address some of
the issues I raised in
https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Infrastructure/Specs/TestDrive ?
Basically l-m-c won't have to be touched everytime we add new board
support?

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I still believe that
another tool on top of l-m-c that takes care of the selection and
download of correct image & hwpack and the combines & writes the image
to SD is what we should strive for to increase the attractiveness of
linaro images.

/Amit