On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Jamie Bennett <jamie.benn...@linaro.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Throughout Linaro we are looking at ways to better coordinate the
> deliverables that come from Linaro's Working Groups and Platform teams.
> The idea of Monthly Component releases, a fixed date in the month where
> each team would release their latest work fits well with what we do and
> to that end a wiki page proposing the exact dates has been produced at:
>
>  https://wiki.linaro.org/Releases/MonthlyMilestones

It makes sense and I like the concept.

Will there be some method for groups to state their goals for what they plan
to contribute to various releases? Wiki page? Blueprint? Something else?

> You will notice that the dates are fixed, always the third Thursday in
> the month promoting a unified consistency across the teams. Please note
> that the Linaro Ubuntu Evaluation Builds do not follow this schedule
> and will continue to be closely coupled with the Ubuntu schedule.
>
> Please take a look at the dates and highlight any problems that could
> arise from them. If there is positive feedback we can make these dates
> 'official' very soon meaning teams could start using this format next
> month.

I think this is a good idea. It gives individuals and teams something to drive
towards.

I imagine that as new things are thrown into the pot in anticipation
of these dates
it might also cause some "chaos" around these days but I view that as a positive
side effect. Integration bugs happen.

Regards,
Tom
Developer Platforms, Linaro