Hello Arnd,

I'd like to follow up to the discussion which took place during
"Android Code Review" session at LDS
(https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Android/Specs/AndroidCodeReview).

You expressed concern that Gerrit is not too flexible for working with
multiple topic branches, in particular, that it enforces work
against single (master) branch (as far as I understood).

Well, looking at AOSP's Gerrit instance,
https://review.source.android.com/ one can see that there's a "branch"
field present, and shown in the list of patches, and there're patches
which reference non-master branches (here's list for "froyo" branch
for example:
https://review.source.android.com/#q,status:open+branch:froyo,n,z ).
So, it at least allows to label a patch with a branch it is submitted
against.

So, can you please elaborate on the concerns you expressed? A
generalized user story and specific example would be very helpful. (And
please keep in mind that I still know little about Gerrit, so if the
above doesn't relate directly to your concerns, I'm sorry, that's why
I'd like to collect more detailed info on Gerrit's
features/misfeatures people know).

Thanks,
Paul