On 19 May 2011 23:01, Michael Hope <michael.h...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
>> Well, so bottom line of this, as far as I see it, is: Gerrit is de facto
>> tool for Android, and for Linaro Android we'd like to be sure that it
>> supports more flexible/advanced approach than which is seen typically
>> in Android shops. It's also nice idea to select single official
>> Linaro git review tool. But I agree that Gerrit doesn't immediately fit
>> with canonical kernel workflow, while its choice is almost fixed for
>> Android by upstream usage.
>
> Note that QEMU also uses GIT but has a different workflow that
> probably doesn't fit Gerrit.

Yep. QEMU review is straightforward on-mailing-list stuff. What
QEMU could use is better patch tracking (patchwork has several
fatal flaws for our purposes, unfortunately), but there doesn't
really seem to be any demand for a better review tool.

> I've yet to find two projects that have the same workflow.

Agreed -- "do what upstream does" is much more important than
trying to do the same thing across all of Linaro IMHO.

-- PMM