On 05/19/2011 12:05 AM, Somebody in the thread at some point said:
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 05:58:22PM -0300, Ricardo Salveti wrote:
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 3:31 PM, John Rigby<john.ri...@linaro.org>  wrote:
Thanks to the heroic efforts of rsalveti the packaged
linux-linaro-omap kernel now greatly improved omap4 display
functionality.  There is a .deb in the linaro-maintainers kernel ppa.
If you have a panda board and have time to try it out your feedback
would be much appreciated:

https://launchpad.net/~linaro-maintainers/+archive/kernel/+files/linux-image-2.6.38-1003-linaro-omap_2.6.38-1003.4~ppa2_armel.deb

This kernel should bring a lot of improvements for OMAP 4, like better
wlan, drm driver, hdmi audio and some other interesting fixes.

Is it built from Andy's TILT tree or Nico's upstream tree? If the
latter, then wow, how did TI get all this stuff upstreamable so soon?

I keep a branch called 'for-nicolas' which has had various incarnations offering stuff to linux-linaro-2.6.38.

Panda HDMI Video and Audio support have been in for-nicolas (and in fact in Ubuntu kernel taken from my tree) and working fine for some weeks, the issue has been that until Ricardo's nice fixes this working Panda support took a crap on OMAP3 video along the way, meaning integrating it in npitre's common tree would be a step backwards for OMAP3 guys.

It's true I placed several fixup patches and other things in for-nicolas which have now gone into npitre tree, but in fact there are other things still in my tree and this alone doesn't bring linux-linaro-2.6.38 up to TILT / Ubuntu kernel level. The two main things are:

- onboard twl6040 audio support, which has similar 'works fine but urinates in the common pool' problems for integration

 - BT support, which I have placed in for-nicolas to see how that goes down

BT may well be acceptable but I don't think we solve twl6040 audio integration and there is meant to be (since Feb) a competing mainline version coming anyway via Liam Girdwood.

There's also FM Radio support, but actually on current Panda boards that is not really usable due to problems with antenna arrangements in hardware; but I guess they fix this in later boards.

I also have SGX 4403 integrated now but currently it won't work on Android or Ubuntu builds for unknown and probably unrelated reasons; that code is a right mess as it stands and certainly itself won't be headed upstream.

BTW I have a branch that is the additional TILT stuff on top of John Stultz's Android tree and tracking that

http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=people/andygreen/kernel-tilt.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/tilt-linaro-android.38

-Andy