On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:41 AM, Paul Sokolovsky
<paul.sokolov...@linaro.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Alexander, I've set up builds of Android toolchain from bzr:
> https://android-build.linaro.org/builds/~pfalcon/linaro-toolchain-4.5-bzr/
> https://android-build.linaro.org/builds/~pfalcon/linaro-toolchain-4.6-bzr/
>
> Jim, I had to revamp bzr build in linaro-build.sh:
> http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=people/pfalcon/android/toolchain/build.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/pfalcon
> Note that it now expects bzr branch with explicit version, e.g.
> lp:gcc-linaro/4.5 or lp:gcc-linaro/4.6 .

Minor nit: these are called 'series'.

> Well, now the issue: the builds above are not quite ready to be daily.
> That's because bzr checkout is slow, and is also quite big. Normal bzr
> clone takes 1.1Gb and cloud build takes 1hr instead of 30min with
> a tarball. I tried to play with bzr checkout --lightweight, but
> ctrl+c'ed it when it showed that it dealt with 1.3Gb of stuff
> (surprisingly, after break, I saw almost empty local empty structure,
> so I wonder if that wasn't d/l counter, but even then it's awfully
> slow).
>
> So, where do we go from here? Unless there's tip export feature
> directly out of remote repo for bzr (bzr export seem to requite local
> working copy), we'd need to play mirror, this time bzr, again %).

Make an initial shared repository, take an initial branch, tar it up,
store it somewhere in the same zone, and use that to seed the
checkout.  That should cut the checkout to minutes and ~10 MB.

See:
 https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/ToolChain/BzrTips

-- Michael