On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 02:42:22PM +0300, Ilias Biris wrote:
> - Decision on the multimedia content licenses is still pending - TSC to
> provide guidance

This was approved today.

> - libjpeg-turbo - oneiric upload, 11.09 natty version released to
> ppa:linaro-maintainers/overlay, implemented and submitted upstream
> (Blueprint:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/libjpeg-turbo/+spec/engr-mm-codec-jpeg-libstartup),
> benchmarking ltj with tjbench

Is there any optimization (or indeed implementation) work being done
here by anyone in the MMWG itself (i.e. excluding Tom)?

> - Studying dma-buf scatter list feature - useless on snowball - snowball
> doesn't MMU on hw IP. Could use something like sg_is_last() or
> sg_is_chain() to say that there is only one piece of memory in the
> scatterlist, but the idea for using scatterlist is that the API should
> handle both cases - both devices that need contiguous and those that don't

That's correct -- even if Snowball lacks an IOMMU for the hardware
codecs, it should be able to use CMA to get access to a contiguous area
and the dma-buf API should work for it. Who is working on this?

> - Testing dts decoder with gst-ffmpeg on panda and i.mx53 (mkv + dts 6ch)

Nice -- what are the results looking like?

> Please feel free to ask any questions or let me know if you believe that
> something is missing

Can you get the requirement laundry list polished up a little bit and
sent to the TSC for feedback if any topics there look worth pursuing
further into requirements?
--
Christian Robottom Reis, Engineering VP
Brazil (GMT-3) | [+55] 16 9112 6430 | [+1] 612 216 4935