On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 11:35 AM, James Westby <james.wes...@canonical.com>wrote:

> Note that Paul requests keeping the suffixes, but I guess that's
> predicated on renaming the top level.

The main reason I like having a suffix of some kind is so that it's obvious
which series it's from by the filename.  If someone includes that filename
(without path) in a bug, or just has it lying around their system, it's good
to be able to determine that kind of information having just the name of the
file.

Another thing that this brings up is landing team hwpacks.  Am I correct in
assuming that those kind of exist outside of any series?  Would it, perhaps,
make more sense to separate hwpacks and images out at the top directory, and
break it down by series under that?

Thanks,
Paul Larson