On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 16:29:47 -0500, Paul Larson <paul.lar...@linaro.org> wrote:
> I know this has come up before, but I'd like to raise it again: Is there any
> reason for the lack of consistency between directory layouts for:
> http://snapshots.linaro.org/oneiric/
> vs.
> http://snapshots.linaro.org/11.05-daily/
>
> Would it be possible to rename the oneiric directory to 11.11-daily and
> split the hwpacks off into a linaro-hwpacks directory like the 11.04 images?
> Also, keeping some kind of -oneiric or -11.11 on the image/hwpack dirs
> probably makes sense, but are we planning on changing anything after these
> become the default LEB images?

The plan was to have oneiric as the place where they are stored, and
then have a symlink "stable" pointing to then when that's what we are
working on as stable.

This was because 11.05/11.11 etc. are obsolete now, and we want to run
two Ubuntu series in parallel for a while, and that will keep happening.

That transition is clearly only partly complete, but getting the symlink
should be easy.

As for the rest of the comments (hwpacks directrory, suffix) can easily
be changed via an RT if we want.

Thanks,

James