On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Alexander Sack <a...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Tom Gall <tom.g...@linaro.org> wrote:
>>
>> The change in format of the tarball also means that the rootfs
>> tarballs will appear to be larger. Don't panic. Once installed with
>> linaro-media-create the installed image sizes are close to what they
>> were in natty. The reason for the extra size is live-build is putting
>> a copy of all the installed .debs into the tarball.
>>

> Is inclusion of .debs a wanted feature or a side-effect from the new
> live-build version? What's the expected average growth in size of the
> download artifacts?

There might be a person out there somewhere who requested that
feature. Safe to say, I don't think it was anyone from Linaro.

I'm probably going to add a little code to just delete the extra gorp
if I can't find an option to outright turn it off. I want to get us up
to the newer version sooner rather than later tho and address clean up
like this or other bugs in the next week or so. Release early, release
often as they say ;-)

--
Regards,
Tom

"We want great men who, when fortune frowns will not be discouraged."
- Colonel Henry Knox
Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs
w) tom.gall att linaro.org
w) tom_gall att vnet.ibm.com
h) tom_gall att mac.com