Hi Tom,

On 01/22/2012 12:51 PM, Tom Gall wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Say what version of ubuntu are you building this on?

Oneric (11.10)

https://pastebin.linaro.org/387/

> I just installed the 3.0~a40.1-1linaro13~maverick5 version of
> live-build out of my ppa which is referenced in the wiki page onto a
> "clean" oneiric machine. The cross build completed successfully.

Using the same versions you are:

live-build            3.0~a40.1-1linaro13~maverick5
perl                  5.12.4-4
qemu-user-static      1.0-2011.12-0ubuntu1~ppa11.10.1

I don't know if this is a clue, but you'll notice in the log that
I do get a lot of insserv: warnings during the build:

insserv: warning: script 'package' missing LSB tags and overrides

I didn't think the messages were related.

Thanks for helping,
Matt

PS. I can log this as a bug tomorrow if you think it's more appropriate
to track there. Sound's like Peter thinks it's a QEMU problem.