On 13 February 2012 10:07, Tom Gall <tom.g...@linaro.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> From what I've heard and saw it seemed like the google+ hangouts in
> the rooms worked fairly well. (For the very small sample size of the
> people I've talked to)

This was the 3rd remote LC for me and BY FAR the most useful and
productive. The hangouts were a tremendous success. My only thought would
be to maybe have a "hallway" hangout for impromptu discussions without
having to think about it.

> I'm wondering/tempted to try out as an experiment on going single
> topic Multimedia sessions from time to time between Linaro Connects.
> Given that a focused single topic session would draw a smaller "crowd"
> the 9 person limitation I don't see as a big deal especially with
> carefully chosen topics.

I think this would be useful, mainly for the improved quality over some of
the other methods.  I'll have to experiment with whiteboarding and screen
sharing, but  I think it would work. I'd be willing to put together a
multimedia themed micro-summit to give it a try, maybe sometime between the
mayor conferences.

> Is this something that is even possible?  I know the google+ hangout
> over the air is by "invite" only so it's important to know if their
> use might be available for more than just linaro connect.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Regards,
> Tom
>
> "Where's the kaboom!? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering
> kaboom!" Marvin Martian
> Multimedia Tech Lead | Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs
> w) tom.gall att linaro.org
> w) tom_gall att vnet.ibm.com
> h) tom_gall att mac.com

Kurt Taylor (irc krtaylor)