Hi Christian,
I tried the alternative command, but I am getting error in that for connecting to the host.
The error logs are as follows

gpg: directory `/home/bagggami/.gnupg' created
gpg: new configuration file `/home/bagggami/.gnupg/gpg.conf' created
gpg: WARNING: options in `/home/bagggami/.gnupg/gpg.conf' are not yet active during this run
gpg: keyring `/home/bagggami/.gnupg/secring.gpg' created
gpg: keyring `/home/bagggami/.gnupg/pubring.gpg' created
gpg: requesting key 7BE1F97B from hkp server keyserver.ubuntu.com
gpgkeys: HTTP fetch error 7: couldn't connect to host
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

Can you tell me whats going wrong here.

Regards,