During ELC a few people asked me if Linaro had something bigger than
nano and smaller than Ubuntu that they could use to build stuff. Of
course I said Android, but a lot of people actually want a regular
Linux platform where they can easily recompile what they need to hack
on, add their own libs and scripts and generally work in an "embedded,
cross build way." I know there's OpenEmbedded and I've heard of
something called "livebuild." Does anyone have anymore info? This
class of users is arguably the largest class of people using these
boards so creating something targeted at them would allow them to get
all the benefits of Linaro in a easy to use fashion.

--
Zach Pfeffer
Android Platform Team Lead, Linaro Platform Teams