Hi

On 20 February 2012 08:42, Zach Pfeffer <zach.pfef...@linaro.org> wrote:
> During ELC a few people asked me if Linaro had something bigger than
> nano and smaller than Ubuntu that they could use to build stuff. Of
> course I said Android, but a lot of people actually want a regular
> Linux platform where they can easily recompile what they need to hack
> on, add their own libs and scripts and generally work in an "embedded,
> cross build way." I know there's OpenEmbedded and I've heard of
> something called "livebuild." Does anyone have anymore info? This
> class of users is arguably the largest class of people using these
> boards so creating something targeted at them would allow them to get
> all the benefits of Linaro in a easy to use fashion.

We provide 6 Ubuntu based images that we can consider as profiles.
It's easy to customize or build your own image that will better fit
your use case or requirements.

In our case, we use live-build [1] which allow to put your
customization on top of our images [2] or even from scratch.
Tom has written a wiki page [3]. The page needs some update (I'm
willing to help) to add upcoming armhf images and latest live-build
with cross support.

It is worth mentioning that you need a Debian/Ubuntu host
(distribution supporting live-build).
Anyway, if there's an audience for customizing Linaro Ubuntu images,
we can provide tutorials.

[1] http://live.debian.net/manual/
[2] live-helper.config on https://code.launchpad.net/~linaro-maintainers
[3] https://wiki.linaro.org/LiveHelper/Cross

Cheers,
--
Fathi Boudra
Linaro Release Manager | Validation Project Manager